Please read our full copyright policy
SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS Marketplace is dedicated to protecting intellectual property rights, copyrights and trademarks. Our legal team would like you all to be aware of our policies in this area.
Although SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS Marketplace cannot control everything that is loaded to the site we do our best to ensure that listed items do not infringe upon the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of third parties. If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed, please notify our customer care team and we will investigate as soon as we can.
SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS Marketplace operates a zero tolerance policy against anyone found to be selling counterfeit goods
When you give us content, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all copyright, publicity, trademarks, database rights and intellectual property rights you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future. In addition, you waive all moral rights you have in the content to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By uploading your content to SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS Marketplace you promise that you own and/or have the right to use such content in this manner and that this does not infringe any third party intellectual property rights. In the event that SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS Marketplace receives a complaint in respect of any Content posted by you it shall be your sole responsibility to deal with such a complaint and SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS Marketplace is entitled to ask you to compensate it for any loss suffered. ASOS Marketplace reserves the right to remove any infringing (or potentially infringing) content immediately.
We do not review users’ listings or content and we are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. While we may help facilitate the resolution of disputes through various programmes, we have no control over and do not guarantee:
- the quality, safety or legality of items advertised;
- the truth or accuracy of listings;
- the truth or accuracy of feedback or other content posted by users on our sites;
- the ability of sellers to sell items;
- the ability of buyers to pay for items, or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction or return an item.
Although we use techniques that aim to verify the accuracy and truth of the information provided by our users, user verification on the internet is difficult. SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS Marketplace cannot and does not confirm, and is not responsible for ensuring, the accuracy or truthfulness of users’ purported identities or the validity of the information which they provide to us or post on our sites.
We (including our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, advocates, officers, directors, agents and employees) shall not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any business losses, such as loss of data, profits, revenue, business, opportunity, goodwill, reputation or business interruption or for any losses which are not reasonably foreseeable by us arising, directly or indirectly, out of your use of or your inability to use our sites and services.
Regardless of the previous paragraphs, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees (under SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS Marketplace Fees and Services) you paid to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to the liability, or (b) $100.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Nothing in this Agreement shall limit or exclude our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our agents or employees or for any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
ACCESS AND INTERFERENCE
Much of the information on our site is updated on a real-time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS Marketplace by our users or third parties. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access our site for any purpose without our express hand-written permission.
Additionally, you agree that you will not:
- take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, or publicly display any content (except for Your Information) from our sites without the prior expressed written permission of SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS Marketplace and the appropriate third party, as applicable;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our site or any activities conducted on or with our site; or
- bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to our site.
SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS Marketplace is a place for anyone who loves trendy and fashionable products.
SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS Marketplace operates a zero tolerance policy towards the buying and selling of counterfeit goods.
SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS Marketplace is absolutely committed to protecting our buyers and sellers from counterfeit goods. Our staff patrols the site constantly.
- Work as fast as possible to remove counterfeit goods from the site, and proactively remove suspicious items.
If you are caught selling counterfeit goods on SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS Marketplace you will never sell here again and we have a responsibility to report you to the authorities.
All of our marketplace customers are part of a global community. Help us in the following ways:
- Talk to us. Report your suspicions. Leave feedback. If you have any questions at all, contact bb
SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS firmly believes it is not acceptable for animals to suffer in the name of fashion or cosmetics. No animals should be slaughtered specifically to produce products sold through any of SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS websites.
Materials derived from vulnerable or endangered species appearing on either the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) or the Convention of International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) lists must not be used in products sold through any of SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS websites.
LEATHER & SKIN
- Only cow, buffalo, sheep, goat or pig leather or skin, sourced as a by-product of the meat industry and from producers with good animal husbandry can be used in products sold through any of SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS’ websites.
- Leather or skin must not be obtained from aborted animals i.e. slink and karakul, whilst the animal is still alive or from calves or lambs.
- Leather or skin must not be obtained from animals kept in confinement systems i.e in veal or sow crates.
- Leather or skin must not be obtained from wild-caught animals, exotic animals or vulnerable and endangered species.
- SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS is a member of the Leather Working Group and promotes leather and skins sourced from tanneries which have been awarded with Gold, Silver or Bronze certification.
- Sheep and lamb wool must be sourced from producers with good animal husbandry.
- SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS encourages all suppliers to source wool from Responsible Wool Standard
OTHER ANIMAL HAIR
- Hair must not be obtained from vulnerable or endangered species.
- Hair must not be harvested by live plucking.
- Animal hair must not be used in make up or shaving brushes. Synthetic alternatives must be clearly labelled as synthetic.
Animal imagery or materials featured on products sold through any of SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS’ websites or used for marketing, production and communication purposes must be sensitive to animal welfare issues, such as the depiction of animals in captivity, and must comply with SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS’ Animal Welfare Policy.
- SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS Beauty products are not tested on animals.
- In accordance with international animal testing prohibitive laws, brands selling cosmetic products through our SHOPCREATIVEBARBADOS websites must comply with the law.
RETURNS & REFUNDS FOR CUSTOMERS
All vendors must agree to the return & refund policy:
What is your returns policy?
Orders can be returned for a full refund back to your original payment method if done within 28days. If you return your order between 29-45 days of it being delivered, you’ll receive your refund in the form of a gift voucher and are subject to our returns policy, which you can find out more about below.
Returning an unwanted item?
We get it, sometimes something just doesn’t work for you and you want your money back. Don’t worry, as long as an item is still in its original condition, we accept returns, subject to the rules below, which includes rules around fair use. None of these rules affect your statutory rights.
If you return an item requesting a refund within 28 days of the item being delivered to you or available for collection, we’ll give you a full refund by way of the original payment method.
If you return an item requesting a refund within 29 and 45 of the item being delivered to you or available for collection, we’ll give you an shopcreatviebarbados gift voucher for the amount equivalent to the price you paid for them.
We aim to refund you within 14 days of receiving the returned item.
If you request a refund for an item during the above time frames but you can’t return it to us for some reason, please get in touch – but any refund will be at our discretion.
We don’t accept returns for unwanted items after the relevant returns period above. If you try to make a return, we may have to send it back to your default delivery address and ask you to cover the delivery costs.
Hygiene and our customers’ safety is super important, so certain items can’t be returned for refunds including:
Face + body products if opened, used or protective seal is not intact
Underwear if the hygiene seal is not intact or any labels have been broken
Swimwear if the hygiene seal is not intact or any labels have been broken
Pierced jewellery if the seal has been tampered with or is broken.
None of this affects your statutory rights.
Of course, it is fine to try an item on like you would in a shop, but please don’t actually wear it. If an item is returned to us damaged, worn or in an unsuitable condition, we won’t be able to give you a refund and we may have to send it back to you (and ask you to cover the delivery costs). All items are inspected on return.
All returned items should be sent in their original condition and packaging where possible, including tags (e.g., shoes should be returned with the original shoe box).
Returned items are your responsibility until they reach us, so make sure they’re packed up properly and can’t get damaged on the way!
As the parcel remains your responsibility until it arrives back with us, ensure that you get proof of postage in case you need to contact us about your return.
We’re not responsible for any items that are returned to us by mistake (it happens!). If we’re able to locate the items (it’s not always possible) and you’d like these returned to you, we may ask you to cover the delivery cost.
If we notice an unusual pattern of returns activity that doesn’t sit right: e.g. We suspect someone is actually wearing their purchases and then returning them, ordering and returning items more than usual; or the items returned don’t match what you ordered – then we might have to deactivate the account and any associated accounts. If this happens to you and you think we’ve made a mistake, please get in touch with customer care and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.
If your account has been deactivated and you need to make a valid return, contact us. We will give you a returns label although you will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us.
Please note, we reserve the right to take legal action against you if the items you return don’t match what you ordered.
Can I exchange my item?
We don’t offer exchanges. If you would like a different size or colour, please return your unwanted item and place a new order.
Returning a faulty or incorrect item?
Click here for more information on faulty items or click here for more info on incorrect items.
Need a new returns note?
No problem – just print one from the attachments section.
Need a new returns label?
Click here to choose your returns method and print a new label.
Did you order from marketplace?
If so, please contact the seller directly for return address AND INSTRUCTIONS.
The National Cultural Foundation
St. James, Barbados